These quinoa nut and seed bars are perfect to have for a quick and easy breakfast on the run or a great addition to school lunchboxes. You can use whatever nuts and seeds you’d like and feel free to add additional dried fruit.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 cup coconut threads
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup dried dates (soaked for 10 minutes in boiling water)
- ¼ cup butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 60g melted dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- In a small sauce pan, melt together the butter, almond butter, honey, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Stir well until combined.
- Add the oats, quinoa, coconut, nuts, seeds and dates to a food processor and pour over the melted butter, honey mixture.
- Blend until combined but not smooth, you want the nuts to still have a nice texture to them.
- Pop in a lined brownie tin (approx. 20cm x 20cm) and use a spatula to press down.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate and hemp seeds, place in the fridge and allow to set overnight.
- Cut into bars and store in the fridge for up to a week.