We love having granola on hand. It’s a great breakfast option, with fruit and yoghurt sprinkled on top of our quinoa porridge or just straight from the jar as a snack. This recipe uses our quinoa which gives it a delicious crunch. You can use any nuts or seeds you have and if you don’t have honey you could use maple syrup, coconut nectar or another liquid sweetener.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of Kiwi Quinoa
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of cashews
- 3 heaped tbs of coconut oil
- 3 heaped tbs of raw honey
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Roughly chop the cashews and almonds and add to a large bowl with the oats, quinoa, coconut, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In a small saucepan melt together the honey and coconut oil on a gentle heat. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pop the mixture onto a lined baking tray and cook for 20-30 minutes until golden brown (stirring every 5 minutes or so to make sure it browns evenly).
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favourite yoghurt