Who knew that quinoa could make such a delicious base to a gluten-free, rich, chocolatey brownie. This brownie is super easy to make by just popping everything into a food processor, the quinoa gives it a lovely texture and adds a great source of fibre and plant-protein.
- ½ cup Kiwi Quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs of melted coconut oil
- 2 tbs of almond butter
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of cacao powder
- ⅓ cup of coconut sugar
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 60g dark chocolate (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Grease and line a square brownie pan (approx. 20cm x 20cm). Cook the quinoa as per packet instructions and allow to cool.
- Add the quinoa and eggs to the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder, coconut sugar, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla and sea salt. Blend until the mixture is smooth and everything has combined.
- Stir through the chopped dark chocolate and pour into the lined brownie pan.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- We topped ours with melted dark chocolate and a sprinkle of freeze-dried raspberries. Delicious served with some whipped coconut cream or yoghurt.