This salad tastes like spring time- the combination of the baby potatoes, the purple asparagus, fresh herbs and peas is guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser.
- 1 cup of cooked Kiwi Quinoa
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp of honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups of steamed or boiled baby potatoes
- 6 sprigs of purple asparagus
- ⅓ cup of frozen peas (blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes)
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped tender herbs (we used mint and parsley)
- ¼ cup of our savoury granola or toasted nuts and seeds
Steam or boil the baby potatoes. Allow to cool completely before cutting them into quarters.
In a large bowl add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey, salt and pepper and whisk until combined.
Add the cooked and cooled quinoa, baby potatoes and peas and mix well. Let it sit for a few minutes while you slice the purple asparagus into rounds at an angle.
Add the asparagus to the salad and sprinkle over the mint and parsley.Transfer the salad onto a large plate or platter, add a sprinkling of our savoury granola on top or your favourite nuts and seeds.