Such an easy and delicious plant-based meal, perfect for a quick, mid-week dinner.
- 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 brown onion (finely diced)
- Thumb size piece of ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 chili (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 large kumura (cut into small cubes)
- ½ small cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut cream
- Coconut yoghurt or greek yoghurt
- Extra chili
- Add the butter or coconut oil to a saute dish or large pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add the ginger, chili, garlic and spices and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the red quinoa, kumara, cauliflower, stock and coconut cream. Bring to the boil before reducing to a gentle simmer with the lid on.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until the vegetables and quinoa are cooked.
- Garnish with a dollop of yoghurt, some fresh coriander and extra chili.