This is our take on a Lebanese fattoush salad with the addition of our red quinoa. It’s full of flavour and texture served with some buttery halloumi cheese.
- 3 mini pitas (roughly torn)
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- ½ tsp sumac
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ⅓ cucumber (sliced into half moons)
- ½ small red onion (finely sliced)
- ⅓ cup mint leaves
- 150g halloumi (cut into slices)
- Butter or olive oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, fan bake.
- Add the torn pita bread to a baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil, and add the sumac, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Pop in the oven to cook for 10 minutes or so until golden brown.
- In a large salad bowl add the quinoa, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and mint.
- To make the dressing add all of the ingredients into a jar and shake well to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well.
- To cook the halloumi, heat a little butter or olive oil in a medium size frypan. Add the halloumi and cook for a couple of minutes on either side until golden brown.
- Once the halloumi has cooked, add the salad to a large platter. Place the halloumi slices on top and scatter over the toasted pita.