These healthy broccoli fritters are perfect for the whole family to enjoy and a great way to sneak some extra veggies in for the little ones. Our red quinoa gives them a delicious flavour and texture and is also loaded with plant-protein.
Makes 8 - 10
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 1 broccoli (cut into florets)
- ½ red onion (grated, and excess moisture removed)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- ½ cup tender herbs, we used dill and parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil for cooking
- ⅓ cup Greek yoghurt
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- Steam the broccoli until just cooked, you want it to still have a nice bite to it.
- Add the quinoa, broccoli, onion, garlic, eggs, flour, cheddar cheese, herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper to a food processor. Blend until combined but don’t over blend. You want the mixture to have a nice texture to it.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add a generous amount of olive oil and cook the fritters in batches for 2-3 minutes on either side or until golden brown and cooked through in the centre.
- While cooking the fritters, we like to keep the cooked ones in the oven at 100 degrees to keep warm.
- To make the zesty yoghurt sauce simply add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix well to combine.
- Serve the fritters alongside the zesty yoghurt sauce, with a sprinkle of extra herbs and some lemon zest.