- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, red or brown, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 800gm diced or sieved tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (if you like it hot!)
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 2 x 400gm cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400gm can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400gm can corn kernels or fresh corn if in season
- ½ cup Coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sour Cream
- Grated Colby or Tasty Cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add garlic and capsicum and cook for a further minute. Add in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked quinoa, vegetable stock, chilli powder, cumin, cocoa, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring mixture just to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in the kidney beans, black beans, corn, fresh coriander and lime and cook until heated through. Serve hot with grated cheese, sour cream and fresh coriander leaves.