Lunch at the farm can a lot of the time look like a meat and salad sandwich, so it’s nice to mix it up. These flavour-filled muffins were a hit and the combination of quinoa and egg kept us going until dinner! I added a handful of parsley to these muffins as I have an abundance of it in my winter garden however, basil or coriander would also work.
- 6 rashers of bacon
- 1 cup cooked or frozen spinach (squeezed)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 spring onion, sliced finely
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Grease a 6 cup muffin tray with butter and line with a rasher of bacon in each muffin tray. In a bowl, place all the remaining ingredients (except the smoked paprika for garnish) and mix until just combined.
- Using a spoon, place the muffin mixture gently into the muffin trays until they reach the top of the bacon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until they bounce back when pressed. Cool for 5 minutes before taking out of the muffin trays.
- Garnish with smoked paprika. Serve warm with salad.